The Danville/Sycamore Valley has been serving the local East Bay communities for 30 years. The Blackhawk Food, Wine, and Film Festival is our only fundraiser and we use 100% of the funds raised to help the local and international community. The Festival has become an East Bay tradition with over 500 attendees, 12-14 local restaurants, 12-14 regional wineries, and entertainment. Over the past few years, we’ve used the monies raised at the event to do the following:
- Gave over $25,000 to local fire victims in Northern California
- Support Veterans through Valor Games, Sentinels of Freedom and East Bay Stand Down.
- Improve Wellness Resources through assisting in bringing a Discovery Counseling Center annex in San Ramon.
- Assist local organizations dedicated to families and the developmentally challenged through helping with projects (i.e. iCanBike [teach youth to ride bikes], Planter Boxes, Classroom Painting) and funding for Down Syndrome Connection, Ability Now, and Sunflower Hill Garden.
- Provide resources to our local schools to support our Youth.
- Assist the elderly through the Rotary Home Team
- International Projects from Water/Sanitation to Education in India, Kenya, Honduras, and Guatemala.